Monday 19 May 2014

35 Week update

How far along: 35 weeks + 5 days

Total weight gain: I finally hit the scales, I've gained 25lbs and according to my Mom Weight Gain Calculator  App I'm neither under nor over what i 'should' be and wont be worrying too much about it. I think you should do what your body tells you to do and if my body says hey i want that extra biscuit I'm having that biscuit!

Maternity clothes: No more purchases, I'm trying my hardest but as it warms up i find myself struggling more and more to find clothes that will comfortably accommodate my expanding tum!

Stretch marks: Still no sign of any new stretchmarks and hurrah that annoying rash is starting to clear up. if your struggling with an itchy bump i would highly recommend the E45 itch relief cream its helped me a lot especially in the night, I've even chucked it in my bag a few times in case i get the urge to scratch whilst at work. As mentioned in my last update my midwife recommended Palmers Cocoa Butter, i did get it but decided against the original formula and picked up the Fragrance Free Hypoallergenic one which is enriched with Vitamin E and claims to soften, smooth and relieve sensitive dry skin. Thumbs up all round.

Sleep: I've had a couple of really bad nights, firstly the heartburn is a killer and on top of that I'm having the most vivid dreams which aren't so fun when they turn into nightmares i literally scared myself awake and couldn't get back to sleep (that's when I'm thankful for Netflix, plenty of Ugly Betty to watch over and over again!)

Best moment this week: It was a gorgeous weekend and although my  Mr was working i went to my sisters for a BBQ, it was so nice to just sit in the sun with my family and a snazzy drink pictured below (A lemonade with a slice of lemon and wedge of lime.... closest I'm getting to a cocktail!) 


On Sunday we managed to squeeze in a few hours at the park... i was very tempted to get on that trampoline, what better way to bring on labour huh?!


Movement: He's been a little more active this week, in fact we put Ewen the dream sheep to use one night, i was dead on my feet and all i wanted was a snooze but the little guy was having none of it!.. it seemed to work too, bonus! i cant wait to use it when he's here, hopefully it will have the same calming effect.

Food cravings: I've really craved porridge, not sure why because its pretty boring but i couldn't get it out of my head for around 3 days.. i still haven't had any. Also, with the weather picking up (yes, I'm using the weather as an excuse) I'm back on the ice pop addiction, actually some days i think id be pleased with just an ice cube.

Gender: Little boy.

Labour signs: No labour signs, I'm STILL just waiting patiently.

Belly button in or out: So far our its actually a toy to my daughter now, she very lovingly gives her brother a cuddle and a rub and then has a good poke at my belly button!

Happy or Moody: Very happy week, however, its my last day in the office on Friday and although its what everyone seems to look forward to most (apart from their new arrival of course) I'm pretty emotional and a little scared that i could possibly become bored??!?! Luckily my first week off lands in the school holidays so i will have some company and then I'm left to my own devices... I'm currently thinking what little diy shabby chic project could i get my hands on as I'm not struggling for energy (famous last words?) just yet... Ideas on a post card please for anything that might keep me entertained or what you got up to before the arrival of baby.

Looking forward to: My many leaving lunches with the lovely ladies at work. I've ordered a few things for my changing bag one of these being a wet/dry bag... it sounds very sad but i cant wait for it to come so i can stuff it with a spare change of his clothes and pop it in my changing bag haha... I'm sure the day will come where this is actually just a chore and not a very cute thing to do to fill in 10mins of my time.

Bump: Bumpy at 35 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...