Tuesday 24 June 2014

40 Week update

How far along: 40 weeks + 6 days

Total weight gain: 29lbs so far, as long as baby isn't 10lbs of that I'm happy ;) 
I cant say whether this is a sudden boost or not, as you know I've just not been that fussed weighing myself throughout my pregnancy. i knew what weight i was at the beginning so its pretty easy to figure out an overall gain though... you know, ready for those awkward questions people ask later down the line "How much did you gain with..."

Maternity clothes: I was a little naughty and bought a couple of dresses, in my defence they were all from Primark so cheap and cheerful and secondly they are not actually maternity. I bought two dresses in my pre-baby size so they will definitely fit post-baby! the two others are actually cami-dresses which I'll be wearing as long tops, Comes to something when you have to buy a dress to wear as a top... Jeez. 

Stretch marks: Still there but i'll cope, i have bigger things on my mind like getting this baby out.

Sleep: Not sure how I'm managing to get any sleep at all in this heat. I've taken to sleeping on top of the bedding, windows open, fan on top speed and multiple bottles of water at my bedside! 

Best moment this week: I've been spending lots of time with my mum, poor mummy! When I say lots, I mean I've practically moved back home.. I tend to be there for breakfast and dinner! We went to get our nails done then she gave me a little pamper and painted my toenails at home (which I can barely see never mind reach!) I cant bare my feet being touched, hence why they had to done in the privacy of her home.. so I could muffle the shrieks of laughter - i literally break out in a sweat just thinking about it. No matter how old you are its always nice to be mothered though :)

Movement:  He's been doing plenty of wriggling, i was told to keep a close eye on movement now as the more overdue you are the higher risk of stillbirths - scary :(

Food cravings: Nothing new or exciting

Gender: Little boy.

Labour signs: No... SIGH!!!

Belly button in or out: Out

Happy or Moody: I had a bit of a wobbly week mainly because i was all set for having a sweep at my 40 week midwife appointment and was hit with the bombshell that baby wasn't even down enough to carry it out.
I was so excited as when i had one with my daughter i went into labour that night so thought i might actually have a baby in my arms come the weekend.

Looking forward to: Having this baby now!

Bump: Bumpy at 40 weeks + 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...